During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes build and leverage digital twins that provide organisations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation.
Mechanical Analysis is a division of Siemens, it is an elite player in the field of Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), we develop engineering simulation software for the analysis of fluid flow and heat transfer. Using our software and consulting services, customers accelerate and optimise their designs by predicting the behaviour of proposed designs before building physical prototypes. Our software products are crafted to be embedded into the design process and used by mainstream design engineers, not just by analysis specialists, and are based around four lines of business:
- Thermo-fluid system design (used in Automotive, Aerospace, Power & Process industries)
- General purpose CAD-embedded CFD (used in a wide variety of fluid flow applications)
- Electronics Cooling
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
The Mechanical Analysis Division has been offering engineering student placements for many years and has an outstanding track record of giving students an excellent grounding in our technologies!
The engineering work you will carry out will involve using our products to analyse or build models of equipment and systems then, using the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer and CFD, you will use these models to verify and validate that the software is producing accurate results. You'll work with experienced Software Developers who will fix any deficiencies that you find in the software, and you will suggest improvements to the software to make it easier to use and to eliminate user error.
Depending on the roles, you will get the opportunity to learn and develop software skills which includes programming, debugging, writing tests and running tests including performance tests. You may be involved in Testing Automation and DevOps which enables faster development of quality software. You may also support in helping build product training and marketing material.
You will be given training in the use of the products under development, including Simcenter Flomaster, Simcenter Flotherm and Simcenter Flotherm XT, and will learn how to apply CFD to tackle real engineering issues by working alongside our domain specialists. You will work as part of a team that meets daily, ensuring that help is always on hand when needed. Through the collaboration, you will learn about the Agile management methodologies that are employed in the development of our products and will gain a good understanding of a wide range of skills associated with Software Engineering.
We offer 10 engineering intern positions over 3 locations namely Nottingham, Hampton Court and Towcester. The roles range from pure CFD/CAD related testing roles, to roles where you can develop your software programming skills.Requirements/Skills
- Students should be studying at a UK university for a degree in Engineering
- Candidates with an interest in mathematical modelling and CFD are especially valued
- For some roles an interest in CAE software is required, and the ability to use CAD or similar software is helpful. For other roles, an interest in programming and software development is required, and any programming experience is valued
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work well and collaborate in a team, but also able to work independently when required
- All the roles require self-learning. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have desire to learn new technologies, like problem solving and have ability to think analytically
- Being on track for a First or 2:1 in your respective degree program
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We offer a competitive basic salary and benefits package.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: MG Ireland ltd, UK Branch
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time