Siemens Mobility are recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer for our Rail Infrastructure CIS Telecoms team based out of York. Reporting to the Fixed Telecoms Project Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for the regional office and/or portfolio of Project Engineering delivery. The Senior Project Engineer will lead other Project Engineering personnel within our Fixed Telecoms Engineering Department to successfully deliver all engineering aspects of Fixed Telecoms projects.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Lead Project Engineers and Engineering team which may be located at multiple sites across England and Scotland.
- Ensure that all engineering discipline Safety aspects are planned, executed and reviewed as part of an excellent safety culture within the business. Including discharge of safety responsibilities such as CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation and company procedures.
- Ensure that the engineering aspects of the regional office or portfolio of Fixed Telecoms
- projects are delivered within budget and time constraints and to the appropriate level of quality.
- Allocate engineering work packages to Project Engineers or Engineers who will be responsible for project delivery on behalf of respective Project Managers.
- Ensure all Project Engineering procedures and tools are deployed consistently across the project portfolio
- The Senior Project Engineer will carry out Project Engineering works as required.
- Ensure that Engineering Safety Risk is managed effectively throughout all engineering phases of the project.
- Manage the regional office or portfolio of tendering project engineering work-packages through allocation of project engineering resources to prepare estimates
- Support functional and operational change effectively and efficiently to support business success, growth, development and adaptation.
- Interface with business peers including design, construction and test to support cross discipline business needs, share knowledge and best practises
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Prepare project engineering work bank activity plans and forecasts to maximize resource utilisation and efficient deployment
- Prepare and maintain resource scheduling to identify resource requirements to meet short term work bank surplus / shortfall
- Promoting engineering excellence, efficiency and continual improvement with consistent practices and the adoption of new tools and methods of working.
- Mentor the engineering community and promote personal development
- Develop own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning and seeking information from within and outside the company.
- Assist the Project Engineering Manager as necessary and fully participate in activities that assist the development of the Engineering Department
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Perform the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer as required.
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
- Chartered Engineer Status or appropriate professional status and relevant engineering qualification such as HND. (essential)
- Considerable and established knowledge and interest in the rail telecoms industry, significant experience of telecoms engineering implementation on large main line rail schemes in the UK. (essential)
- Safety culture aware – proven ability to lead, influence and develop safety culture to latest strategies and methods. (essential)
- Excellent communication skills written oral. (essential)
- Broad base of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle. (essential)
- Experience in Systems Engineering, Project Engineering and Design of safety critical or safety related systems, test and installation environments. (essential)
- Leadership – proven ability to lead and experience of managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to foresee change, forecast and manage project engineering resource utilisation and costs. (essential)
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Personal Track Safety Competence
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time