What part will you play?
- You will define and further develop a category management strategy and global action plan for the category Logistics comprising the procurement of Air-, Sea-, Road-transport as well as Warehousing and Courier, Express & Parcel Services and Packaging material and Services.
- You assure the best rates and sourcing strategy (freight forwarders, carriers, 3/4PL) of inbound and outbound transportation and warehousing services across the globe
- You will build a strong rapport with our Global Logistics function, and Order Management and Operational Procurement in Manufacturing locations and service centers to establish and implement best category and supplier strategies
- Additionally, you will optimize the overhead cost position of the company in your categories through a best in class supplier portfolio, maximized negotiation power, by further developing policies and requirement specifications as well as through demand management
- In your role, you will actively drive innovation and value contribution from the supplier market in your categories: meet and shape future requirements using the full potential of what the market has to offer
- Finally, you will improve functional output, value delivery to stakeholders and meet yearly financial, operational, and strategic objectives
- You have a university degree, e.g. in business administration or mechanical engineering with at least 5-10 years of professional experience in purchasing globally logistics and transportation services preferably in the machine construction industry
- Furthermore, you have gained several years of leadership experience of global teams and live a collaborative leadership style
- You have a record of successful managed (cross-functional) projects
- With your strategic thinking and analytical, structured approach you have proven yourself as an excellent negotiator
- With your open-minded personality, you are able to maximize benefits from the digitalization of the function in its operation and in its cooperation with internal stakeholders, drive and manage that change passionately
- Fluency in English and German plus the readiness for intercontinental business trips round your profile
https://www.flender.com/de/jobsAndCareers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Flender.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time