Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents, driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Berkeley CA
Are you ready to grow as a systems engineer within the Molecular diagnostics (MDX) business of Siemens Healthineers?
· Supports development of IVD Molecular Diagnostics OEM instrument systems with integrated sample preparation and real-time PCR instrumentation.
- Contribute to development projects on the Hamilton Starlet where Hamilton Scripting Language will be required to know to use
- Contribute to development projects on the QuantStudio5s Dx real time PCR instrument.
- Contribute to Software projects as a Systems Engineering tester
- Participate in Design Control activities: IQ/OQ, Verification and Validations, testing and documentation.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team of biochemists, and software developers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in mechanical engineering/bio-engineering with 4-6 years industry experience.
- Experience scripting Hamilton Star or Starlet platforms using Vector 4.5
- Experience in authoring and editing supporting documentation for Verification and Validation activities: such as protocols and reports.
- Operational experience setting up computers with instruments and installing software
- Must be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Recent experience running the entire workflow of a molecular workflow: from nucleic acid extraction to PCR and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience in an ISO 13485 environment.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.