During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly growing and constantly innovating Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving the most exciting and demanding problems of the new decade? Are you interested in working across a range of areas from application engineering support and management, verification and validation of complex semiconductor ICs, system testing, and beyond? If so, Mentor, A Siemens Business could be the place for you! We are currently looking to recruit for a dedicated Application Support Engineer to join our team on a perm basis.
With a long term legacy of success, innovation and customer awards, we are the world's largest provider of Digital Software to the semiconductor industry. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly sophisticated worlds of board and chip design!
We have a unique company culture. With its corporate headquarters and market dominance in the Americas and other continents around the world, we value ethical action in all of our endeavors. Integrity is a critical component of who we are and what we do. We also value truthful communication. We strive to build trusting relationships with our employees, customers, and partners which have a positive influence in creating winning results. Recognition for individual and team achievement at Mentor is regularly awarded. We never forget that it's the hard work and dedication of our people that wins our company recognition with our customers and within our industry. Working for us, is working for the leader in its class. Our employees are self-motivated and have come to expect competent leadership from our managers and executives.Job Description:
You'll be responsible for analyzing methodologies and solutions of user designs, test cases and providing customer support to resolve any issues arising during deployment and production usage. They are responsible for debugging and customer support efforts for Mentor Graphics’ proprietary Veloce emulation products.
Emulation Specialists are also involved in the qualification of new Veloce software, new solution qualification and their deployment for customers to ensure state-of-the-art upgrades and meeting of tape out schedules with no customer disruption. Emulation Specialists also lead efforts in training and providing informative sessions on new Veloce features and technology updates leading to wider scope of emulation usage at new and existing customer sites.Responsibilities:
- Help drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise
- As part of a world-wide team of Veloce product specialists, analyze and improve emulation solutions for pre- and post-silicon SoC validation, verification and software bring-up
- Work directly with customers as a part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met
- Promote technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships, ensuring long term customer satisfaction
- Assist on site in HW acceleration for deployment of product
- Analyze, define, test and promote hardware assisted acceleration and emulation with Veloce verification computing solutions.
- Provide feedback and product ideas to our emulation product development teams
- Solve and remove technical obstacles
- Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates
- Communicate customers' technical requirements to product marketing
- Expand or modify the product development directions of engineering based on those solutions to improve work flow
- Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with customers
- BS in electrical, computer or electronics engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline
- MS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline
- Background with HDLs (e.g. Verilog, VHDL), HVLs (e.g. SystemVerilog/UVM, OOP), System C and methodologies (e.g. Directed/Constraint Random, UPF, Coverage, Assertion)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, team environment
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Energetic and self-motivated
We proud ourselves of having built a flat organizational structure, work on exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and provide exciting career prospects.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time