Software Engineer – Turbulence/Aeroacoustics
Primary Work Location: Lebanon, NH
Additional Work Location: Austin, TX
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industry Software is seeking software development professionals to contribute to our Turbulence (TRB) and Aeroacoustics (AERO) programs. The primary focus of these programs within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division is the development of advanced capabilities within Siemens DI's flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The TRB and AERO programs are responsible for developing accurate, robust and efficient turbulence and computational aeroacoustics (CAA) modelling that could be applied to complex industrial flows, such as turbomachinery, external aerodynamics, and internal combustion engines.
As a program member, you will be expected to contribute to both development of new features and maintenance of existing functionality. Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, ideally focusing on either turbulence or aeroacoustics modelling
- 2 years’ experience in commercial CFD software development, or, 5 years’ experience in non-commercial CFD software development
- Expertise in implementing and testing turbulence and CAA methods
- Expertise in numerical modeling of aerodynamic and hydrodynamic applications
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
- Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithm
- Expertise in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Expertise in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
- Expertise in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.