Making manufacturing smarter
The manufacturing industry is undergoing a substantial transformation, and we want to ensure a successful future. To do so, we need forward-looking thinkers with a comprehensive vision and intelligent minds that seek answers. Help us prepare the manufacturing industry for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the incumbent will perform quality inspections, along with various quality tests and problem-solving tasks. The Quality Inspector plays a key role in quality management and compliance with existing ISO standards. He or she must provide technical expertise to maintain production activities while complying with all health and safety processes.
- Performing quality inspections for factory-made electrical panels
- Providing the required technical assistance to maintain production activities;
- Drafting general inspection plans;
- Drafting and following up on non-compliance reports with those involved;
- Acting as internal auditor for ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 17025 standards;
- Managing and organizing various quality-related activities;
- Conducting visual inspections, dielectric tests, continuity tests and other quality management tests;
- Actively participating in the improvement of quality management processes;
- Managing quality issues.
What will you need to succeed?
- Preferably a College Degree in mechanical engineering
- Two years experience in quality inspection in a manufacturing company or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments;
- Experience with ISO audits and standards;
- Mastery of Autocad software;
- Knowledge of SAP, Office Suite;
- Knowledge of LUG2 and Creo an asset;
- Very good knowledge of French (written and spoken);
- Good knowledge of English (written and spoken);
- Resourcefulness, versatility, attention to detail and professionalism.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.