If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
What are my job responsibilities?
Purpose: Support the Project Manager as a PMO Specialist in Project Management and QA activities related to the development and/or implementation of the information systems project.
- Conceptualizes project Conceives project/program management design approach (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities) for REAMS project. Conceptualizes continuous improvement opportunities and project expansion opportunities. May cultivate client opportunities and high level relationships.
- Independently performs special assignments and provides reporting of the activities in the project. Preempts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes. Displays an expert level of critical thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems.
- Demonstrates ability to advance technologies, processes, and practices in area of specialization or discipline. Serves as the leading point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Acts as Quality Manager in Software Development Project and collaborates well with the consortium counterpart for Quality. Provide technical leadership and management to perform quality assurance analysis through the software development lifecycle
- Software Quality aspects are to be coached and taken up for closure through the lifecycle of the project.
- Acts as lead advisor to the Project Manager and supports him on advanced project management issues.
- Develops team members through mentoring and coaching the team members in Quality Management, Requirements Management, Configuration management subjects.
- Being part of the SMPL PMO organization support in Project Management Execution topics, PM/CPM certification process, tracking.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Typically 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Certification in IPMA/PMI as project management.
- Knowledge in CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integrated) is highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge and experience in methodologies of software Quality Assurance / software test automation
- Experience in continuous improvement processes based on learnings from field issues
- Experience in software quality tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Ruby, Jira, etc. will be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time