We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division Motion Control Customer Service team as a Maintenance/Field Service Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Siemens Digital Industries offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their production processes and in reducing the time to market of their products. At Siemens Digital Industries you will have the opportunity to be part of a company that focuses on developing your knowledge, skills and experiences
The position is home based with on-site work, UK and overseas travel along with time in the office. The successful candidate will be expected to have a flexible attitude to out of hours working.
Working Partners and Contacts:
The job holder will be required to work under their own initiative whilst occasionally working closely with other members of the Motion Control Customer Service team as well as with other colleagues in the extensive Digital Industries Team. Throughout all aspects of the role there will be a strong focus on the quality of customer service provided to external and internal customers.
• Be responsible for servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing, start-up and providing technical support for the range of drive applications (AC and DC).
• Able to provide a consistent approach whilst working under own initiative, with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
• Partake in a 24/7 “Standby” Rota ensuring round the clock cover to key contract and non-contract customers adding value to the customer’s business.
• Build rapport with colleagues and customers to improve results
• Understand the needs of our customers and markets, speak the customer's language developing credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
• Continuously seek to add value to the services provided and achieve first time fixes, leading to reduced breakdown times, lower costs to customer, reduction in invoice queries, thus gaining customer satisfaction and retention whilst helping to achieve market leadership.
• Have a commercial awareness and an ability to recognise, promote and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, retrofits.
• Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations.
Experience and Skills:
We are looking for a suitably qualified technical person educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
All applicants must have at demonstrable relevant experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of drive train applications (drives & motors) within an industrial environment. PC literacy, essential: Various Windows OS, MS Office.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar or appropriate role along with basic programming & PLC knowledge, experience in fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of the Siemens Motion Control range of products.
Previous experience of Siemens Masterdrives, Simoreg, Simotion and Sinamics equipment is preferable.
We are looking for determined, enthusiastic and a self-motivated, organised individual who has the ability to travel frequently, excellent communication, relationship building and customer care skills.
All applicants must hold a valid driving license and have the ability to work under pressure and to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time