What are my responsibilities?
As solution architect in the IoT space you will design end-to-end IoT solutions establishing performance metrics and leveraging existing tools to ensure a highly scalable, high-performance solution for our clients.
• Develop agile and cost effective, reusable IoT solution architectures based on review of current client/customer needs, environments and scenario analysis. Generate customized and coherent project proposals/sow/Technical documents for contract.
• Support Sales organization by generation of complex proposals (include cloud, Connectivity, Security, data analytics) for IoT integration projects mainly in Manufacturing, Cities, Utilities, E-centers, or Logistics sector.
• Design persuasive value proposition providing unique selling points compared to competition. Reach out to various stakeholders to ensure adherence to all requirements with regard to technical maturity, cost efficiency and support capability.
• Define consistent models to ensure conformance with standards (standard interfaces, standard components etc.) in various industry leading IoT solutions.
• Institute solution-testing criteria, and conduct analysis of alternative solutions and infrastructure elements. Stay updated about the latest IoT and associated technologies and transfer to IoT other team. Support develop team standardize the reusable function blocks.
• Document and present technical specifications, design, chances & risks, recommendations and measures. Prepare pitching of IoT solutions to customers through presentations, workshops and demos.
• Partner with project and bid managers to ensure adherence to the accepted methodologies, conduct risk identification and mitigation planning.
• Stay updated about the latest developments in IoT and associated technologies
• Adjust the scope of work according to the needs of the company.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• 8+ years’ experience in application, cloud, database, network and sensor architecture – engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration.
• 2+ years’ experience building IoT Solution Architecture and developing PoC / MVP for a large-scale enterprise-wide solution.
• 2+ years’ experience designing data architectures, visual data ingestion, stream / batch processing, analytics on enterprise-scale IoT projects.
• Experience in designing IoT device networks such as LoRA, Zigbee, OPC UA, DDS etc..
• Understanding of cloud computing, network programming, embedded system programming and web / internet programming.
• Experience in big data analytics, AI / Machine Learning and microservices architecture applications and what is needed to fulfill customer needs.
• Experience building one or more specific IoT industry solutions, i.e., manufacturing, smart utilities, smart cities, Industrial IoT, asset tracking.
• Self-responsible and structured working method, high degree of customer orientation and innovative & entrepreneurial way of thinking.
• Fluent in English.
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time