NVQ Sector Scheme Assessor
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the best places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility.
The role of NVQ Assessor requires you to be responsible for delivering and locally managing the National Highways Sector Scheme (NHSS) NVQ’s for assigned candidates. This will involve continued candidate assessment and support. The role would suit an experienced Traffic Industry operative looking for their next step and/or a change in career direction. Although your main focus will be on NVQ assessments, it is expected that you will be flexible and able to assist with other technical assessments or aspects of the NHSS scheme, such as (but not limited to) Practical Performance Assessment.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support regional management and supervisory teams with information related to NVQ delivery.
- Assess candidates in your area of responsibility on every assigned aspect of the NVQ qualification.
- You will be expected to resolve assessment issues on a day to day basis, including all logistics.
- Checking / updating of information and materials to keep abreast of changing requirements and communicating such changes to the relevant management and supervisory teams.
- You will keep accurate and updated centre records and attend standardization events, as specified by the centre IQA.
- You will follow company policies and procedures and assist with updating and improving any processes as necessary.
- The role will require you to develop good working relationships with candidates, trainers, other assessors, the IQA and the wider business.
- Ensure a safe assessment environment is maintained at all times.
- Proactively liaise with stakeholders to ensure requirements relating to assessments are effectively incorporated within local resource plans.
- Support candidates in achieving the necessary requirements for successful completion of the NVQ through regular meetings, on-site assessments and portfolio review.
- Assess candidates in your area of responsibility on any other assigned aspects of the National Highways Sector Scheme and internal audits as directed.
- Ensure all candidate portfolios are of the required standard, with regular reviews conducted at agreed timescales.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- 4 GCSE’s or similar including Mathematics and English (Grades A-C), or equivalent
- Recent experience of working on Highway Electrical systems, such as installation/maintenance of traffic signal systems
- NVQ A1 Assessor (or working towards)
- Effective communication
- Effective time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently with little direction
- Self-motivated with an ability to ensure all assessments are completed to the required standard
Ideal experience would also include:
- IOSH qualified with good sound understanding of all aspects of Health & Safety
- National Highways Sector Scheme (NHSS) Qualified Supervisor
- A technical qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of the National Highways Sector Scheme
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time