Commodity Manager - Subcontracts and Installation
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that Glassdoor ranks as one of the best places to work in the UK – Siemens Mobility.
We are looking for a Subcontractor and Installation Commodity Manager to join Siemens Mobility in our Procurement function. The role will involve the management of key UK subcontractors to support our field service team, as well as direct material suppliers who are required for project installation work.
Key stakeholder management is a focal point of the role therefore travel between key depots within the UK will be required.
What are your responsibilities?
- Develop and implement a strategy plan for a key commodity that delivers against the core goals of the business
- Managing a diverse and multi-faceted sub-contractor/supplier base, that aligns with the strategy goals for the field and the wider business
- Understanding and inputting to a larger Siemens global network of colleagues to leverage pooling opportunities
- Being a key focal point for stakeholders around the UK make sure that customer deliveries are met, and quality standards are adhered to.
- Run sourcing events as part of the strategy such as e-bids and e-auctions.
- Implementing and reviewing contracts with key sub-contractors/suppliers
- Supplier Management reviews with key subcontractors/suppliers
- Identify new opportunities or new process methods to enhance the commodity and leverage benefits for the business
- Lead contract negotiations with all key suppliers to manage the risk and ensure performance levels for Siemens.
- Working closely with colleagues in HSQE to ensure sub-contractors have relevant up to date accreditations and are audited regularly.
- Conduct thorough due diligence on potential new subcontractors as well as new suppliers for installation where required
- Balancing and achieving against the focus of delivery, cost, quality, and innovation
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- Subcontractor management experience preferred
- Understanding of NEC4 contracts would be beneficial but not essential
- Be highly organised as there are multiple targets across many departments
- Innovative mindset that enjoys adapting to an ever-changing landscape
- Good negotiator with proven successful results
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Apply and build upon the Siemens culture
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time