Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Laboratory Technician 2.
This position will be responsible for the implementation of the standardization strategy for each individual ADVIA Centaur and Atellica products and the installation of several complex testing instruments within a new lab space.
This person will be a part of a small team focused on developing standardization strategies for existing products. This includes developing Anchor and Gold Standards and MDPs when not in existence. In addition, this position will focus on modification to the value assignment process to align with new control system requirements. The position will participate in the execution of the design of experiments. This person will perform material and process validations following written protocols, and help prepare validation and/or test results reports. This person will work with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
This position includes the handling of all types of materials, including hazardous and DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) controlled materials.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 2, you will be responsible for:
- Participates in investigations of technical issues associated with formulation and testing of Control Systems materials.
- Supports the development of compliant documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- Works in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Participates in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot issues.
- Performs material and process changes following written protocols.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in Medical Technology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry.
- 1+ Years job related experience
- Experience with running/troubleshooting immunoassays.
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must pass a Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) background check.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.