At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Financial Analyst I - Royalty Analyst
The Royalty Analyst will be responsible for analyzing sales transactions and processing disbursements related to the outbound royalty program. Supports operational aspects including working closely with various stakeholder groups including the Software & Technology Partner program office, legal, product management within the development organizations, Zone Finance teams, Pricing Management Office, and GSM&S. Provides support to the monthly close process and the royalty accrual process. Ensures timeliness, accuracy, completeness, and approvals with respect to all outbound royalty payments, as calculated by the royalty application Vistex based on the applicable vendor agreement and sales order transactions. Review and provide feedback on proposed new and/or revised royalty arrangements to ensure efficiency of administration and payment processing. Actively involved in special projects and analysis requests (such as integration of acquisitions, new business or accounting models, cost savings opportunities, etc.). Identify and pursue remediation of low or negative margin transactions involving royalty products for assigned agreements. The Royalty Analyst operates under general supervision, reporting to the Manager, Royalty Reporting & Disbursements.
- Follows existing department policies, guidelines, systems, and standards applicable to the outgoing royalty processes
- Performs moderately complex financial analyses specific to involving outbound royalty calculations, payments, product revenues, royalties, and profitability.
- Ensures adequate funding exists on royalty-related purchase orders, replenishes with purchase requisitions as needed
- Prepares royalty payments to comply with vendor agreements
- Follows established department and system workflows to obtain appropriate approvals
- Releases payments on a timely basis to meet contractual obligations
- Analyzes customer and product profitability.
- Ensure that quality and control standards are met
- Liaison with other involved / interested parties both up-process and down-process
(Legal, S&T partner program office, GSM&S, product management, PMO, Tax, Treasury, Finance)
- Maintain a continuous innovation / improvement environment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA in a business area or applicable experience
- Must have Excel skills at the mid-to-advanced level
- Experience with the Tableau reporting tool (Highly Preferred)
- Ability to work across organizations and technical disciplines
(E.g., good teamwork, interpersonal, and collaboration skills)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.