During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
- Creating test-plans for comprehensive features/enhancements for one of the developed tools
- Manual verification of the newly implemented code, using proven 3rd party tools where needed
- Reporting defects, ability localizing the issue, providing necessary input to reproduce it, including scripts, layouts, etc.
- Implementing regression tests for covering the introduced code
- Daily and on demand runs of tests, reporting the results to counterparts
- Monthly runs of the tests through coverage reporting and memory checker tools and reporting the results
- Providing weekly reports with brief description of the work done and the plan for the next week
- Participating QA and cross-functional team meetings
- BS/MS in an EDA or Computer science related area – Cybernetics, Computer science, Microelectronics, Applied Math, etc.
- 2 year experience in automated software testing preferably in EDA area
- Scripting/Programming skills, knowledge of basic algorithms, ability of estimating the complexity of algorithms, creating and implementing ones
- Experience of working with code coverage measuring tools (gcov, Pure Coverage) and memory errors reporting tools (valgrind, Purify) is plus
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuit laws, ability resolving simple tasks
- Basic knowledge of Boolean algebra and logical circuits
- Basic knowledge about EDA flow and manufacturing process
- Fluent verbal and written English, ability to work in an international team, having regular international team meetings
- Good planning skills, basic knowledge of one of planning tools – JRA, MS Project, etc.
- Experience of working with a source control and an issue tracking tool
- Readiness to support team members in force major situations
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time