Company: SISW - Siemens
Job Title: Technical Product Manager - Automotive & Avionics Networks Design – SISW - 230012
Job Location: OR, CA, TX, WA, NC, MA, NY, MI, FL, IL, OH, MO, GA, AL
Job Category: Product Management
The position involves being part of a team for driving the development of a profitable software product suite for Automotive & Avionics networks design. The successful applicant will develop insight of the key trends impacting the business and will use this when contributing to create product strategies and market messaging. They will interact closely with our technical development organization helping to define and deliver the product roadmap, will work closely with our marketing organization developing tactics and building collateral, and will be an evangelist for the products, enabling account teams serving key customers and incubator accounts while developing our approach to the broader market. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Contribute to develop go to market strategy for the product and collaborate to develop the collateral necessary for product marketing and sales.
- Part of the market, industry, sales and competitive product analysis to define the product roadmap and business plans.
- Collaborate with the unit’s leadership, the development team and other stakeholders to drive the day to day development activities and execute the roadmap deliverables.
- Developing training materials and delivering training to internal personnel and partners to execute the go to market strategy.
- Demonstrate product capabilities to customers and prospects.
- Work closely with customers and partners to gather requirements and validate product enhancements and innovative ideas.
We are seeking a high caliber individual experienced in the field of networks communication design or systems design. Candidates preferably have 5+ years’ experience in the Automotive or Avionics industry. This experience is preferably gained within an OEM or a software vendor operating in this area but also experience from Tier 1 is an advantage. Necessary skills and experience for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- Enthusiasm for software technology, ideally with experience specifying new software products and/or deploying IT systems.
- An ability to understand the balance of the three disciplines of technical, UX and business when contributing to the product strategy
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills coupled with the ability to communicate in clear, business-oriented terms. Fluent spoken & written English is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types and size of audiences is required.
- Quick learner, who adapts well to changes in a fast paced environment and a strong interest in learning and applying new technology to solve problems through teamwork and innovative solutions.
Advantageous skills and experience for this position:
- Experience in multiplexed communication system design including managing signal matrixes, diagnostics and optimization.
- Experience in standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, J1939, Lin, Flexray, ARINC protocols, MIL-STD-1553)
- A track record of publications or presenting at conferences in this domain would be an advantage.
- Experience as a Product Manager or Technical Marketing Engineer for any software application a plus, especially dealing with technical publications and/or after sales/maintenance.
- Electrical systems engineering with network design experience.
- Experience in functional design and software development methods in automotive, aerospace or similar domains using formal (UML/SysML) or informal methods.
- Knowledge of design and engineering processes for OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers in Automotive or Aerospace industry.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.