Pension Accounting Manager – Frimley, Surrey
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Come and join Siemens Healthineers as a Pensions Accounting Manager.
You will be primarily responsible for the technical evaluation and the book & record keeping for a portfolio of pension schemes, producing the annual accounts disclosures, coordinating with multiple key internal stakeholders and assisting with internal and external audits. As a team member of Accounting & Controlling (A&C), you will a subject matter expert for processes, systems and tools and demonstrate proficiency in processing and checking, follow procedures and respond to queries related to Siemens Healthcare pensions accounting.
Although the role is primarily focused on pensions activity there may be opportunity in the future to be involved in other finance and accounting based projects.
This role is primarily based from our Frimley office but there is flexibility on working from home.
Accounting & Reporting
- Verify and Post year end and monthly accounting and reporting entries
- Operate and verify monthly accounting entries
- Central PEN Budget: produce pension budget for three pension schemes and submit in Esprit (Group financials reporting tool)
Monthly tasks – to include
- Monitor expenses from all vendors for three sales entities and produce monthly and quarterly expenses summary including variances against budget and forecast.
- Forecast - deliver pension forecast in Esprit as per HQ guideline
- Posting of Defined Benefit Costs for current fiscal year
- Posting of fundings (regular & special); benefit payments and plan amendments
- Responsible for all related internal controls (RIC)
- Compliance with Siemens financials reporting guideline and IFRS
- Ensure in implementation of pension guidelines
- Review accounting treatment of Defined Contribution plans
- Review of actuary reports completeness, accuracy, consistency
- Reconciliation of actuary reports with accounting tools
- Coordination of deliverables with HR/ local actuary
- Operate year end postings according actuarial report
- Set up posting schedule for Defined Benefit Contribution for next FY
- Local GAAP Closings
- Prepare necessary financial disclosures for year-end local accounts as per local GAAP (IFRS).
- Produce all necessary documents for E&Y quarterly and annual audit & deal with audit queries
- Take end to end responsibility on year-end local GAAP audit for pension including related disclosure
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- Formal, recognised, finance accreditation – e.g. ACCA, ACA from ICAEW.
- Strong finance background with experience in pension accounting
- Good analytical skills with the ability to take data and turn into meaningful information for reporting purposes
- SAP knowledge (especially FICO module) is advantageous.
- Experience in and strong passion for project execution - finance transformation projects, change management
- Strong understanding and ability to work in multi-cultural environments
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent pension contributions, 26 days holiday, private healthcare options and other flexible benefits.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time