The Head of RD Future Grid provides leadership and technical support for FG AC & DC R&D Teams (local team of 15, also supports 20+ engineers in China, and ~ 20 contractors in India). Technology focus includes EV Charging stations, cloud /IoT, analog and digital technologies, power electronics. Member of global staff driving projects for North America as well as assisting in world-wide programs. Significant coordination with Germany, China, and India R&D for worldwide solutions.
- As Head of R&D Future Grid you will coach R&D employees to increase skills, personal development, competencies and building up know how in accordance with current and future requirements.
- Moreover, you plan and steer the R&D headcount and core competence in accordance to developed strategies.
- You ensure a high innovation culture by initiating patent workshops, driving technology roadmaps and product profiles as well as supporting platform approaches.
- You improve productivity within the development by driving processes implementing measures and relevant tools.
- Further, you define strategies for R&D and overall R&D related processes, coordinate with related managers in HQ as well as define participation and support audits and process improvement projects.
- You establish know how of future product requirements in the area of the DC and AC Charger market, support the PLM define phase and measure/improve the overall performance of
- You plan and control overall R&D cost center budget as well as R&D resources, coordinate with related persons in HQ and define strategies for the required headcount, competencies and budget.
Knowledge, Skills, Education:
- Successfully completed master's degree in a technical field of study.
- Long-term experience in the development of power electronics, controls and PLCs including Hardware and Software
- Extensive experience in the Project Management of mid-sized projects within an agile environment and PLM Processes
- Experience in people management and coaching and as well as intercultural experience with teamwork in cross different countries in a leading position
- Knowledge of the Future Grid portfolio as well as an understanding of DC chargers for E-Mobility would be an advantage
- As you act in an international environment you bring in fluent English language skills and good German skills
- Last but not least, you are result and quality oriented, are customer focused, and have great communication skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds - if you would like to find out more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
* Based on the level of the selected candidate, this position may be hired at level 5b or 5a.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.