From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Electrical Design Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team, based at our Belmont office. This position is only open to Candidates with full Australian working rights.
Siemens Mobility MRX are expanding our engineering teams to tackle a growing project portfolio, and currently seek Australian based applicants who will report to our VEMS Processing & Control Team Lead and work with a great team of 9 to design and realise product design solutions through the whole PLM lifecycle, from conceptualisation and bids through to maintenance and decommissioning.
Areas of responsibility
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation. May minister the executing units (e.g. manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
Skills & Experience
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and details-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems.
- 1 – 3 years working experience in design engineering, for projects or products Knowledge of electrical wiring and safety standards worldwide (AS 3000, BS 7671 or equivalent)
- Knowledge of EMC standards and regulations (EN 50121, IEC 61000-4 or equivalent)
- Experience in cable harnessing and definition
- Experience with instrumentation & data capturing hardware, and embedded software
- Experience in design for railway & other harsh environments
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and products and drive these to completion
- Practical application skills & temperament relevant to solution prototyping in office, workshop & occasional site work environments
- Experience in system troubleshooting, commissioning, fault finding, and debugging
- Strong oral & written English language communication skills
- Experience in designing for small to medium production volumes
- Experience in schematic capture and circuit board layout and design (Altium or equivalent)
- Experience in embedded firmware design, implementation, and usage for microcontroller-based systems
- Integration of hardware & software in test and operational environments
- Experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Site installation, commissioning & acceptance testing experience
- Familiarity with ISO9001 quality management systems
- Enterprise Requirements Planning software systems’ (e.g Oracle, SAP) familiarity
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.
Benefits & Culture – Including, but not limited to:
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time