From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Software & Machine Learning Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team, based at our Belmont office.
Based in Belmont, Siemens Mobility MRX are expanding our engineering teams to tackle a growing project portfolio, and currently seek Australian based applicants who will report to our Vehicle Inspection System Manager and work with a great team to design and realise product design solutions through the whole PLM lifecycle, from conceptualisation and bids through to maintenance and decommissioning.Areas of Responsibility
- Presents and implements concepts for machine learning and computer vision solutions
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements.
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- Keeps up to date with the state of the art in machine learning and computer vision technologies
- Utilises combination of physical and virtual environments to deliver measurement solutions on time and to agreed budget
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and products and drive these to completion
- Practical application skills & temperament relevant to solution prototyping in office, workshop & occasional site work environments
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Experience with machine learning architectures and computer vision applications.
- Experience in design for railway & other harsh environments
- Experience in designing for small to medium production volumes
- Strong oral & written English language communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO9001 quality management systems
- Experience participating in small design & development teams
- Instrumentation & data capturing hardware, and embedded software
- Experience in system troubleshooting, commissioning, fault finding, and debugging
- Experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity.
Siemens Mobility are an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your highest level of education?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- What motivates you to do your best work?
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time