As Operational Technology become even more critical, IT and OT systems converge and digitalisation gathers pace and becomes a reality rather than a vision; the need for high quality, resilient, redundant, and secure networks increase. We work on a wide range of diverse Network Solutions that are far from the typical bland IT application; the successful applicant will work on diverse projects from off-shore Wind Farms, complex Wireless Networks designed for time sensitive applications through to re-design of a Factory Network. As such solutions are diverse, we also expect the applicant to show clear adaptability to work on a multitude on hardware platforms. As we also expand our Real Time Location Solution (RTLS) portfolio we will also need the applicant to be willing to work on this exciting new Solution.
The Siemens Digital Connectivity and Power (DCP) team are looking for a smart and competent individual to join the team as the Senior Network Consultant & Project Lead reporting to the DCP Business Unit Manager. The senior role will be suitable for someone who has passed CCNA and is willing to lead the Network consultancy and services team to not only develop their own skills but to provide guidance and leadership to junior members.
This is field based role and the flexibility to travel in the UK and occasionally overseas is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Centre of excellence for the Industrial Communications Products & Solutions (SCALANCE & RuggedCom).
- Provide mentoring for any Network Technician relating to SCALANCE & RuggedCom products.
- Nurture and upskill any Network Technician to drive and motivate to increase and develop network and industry related accreditations.
- High level technical expertise covering industry standard technologies and protocols with solid switching, routing and network security experience.
- Demonstrate excellent fault analysis and troubleshooting skills covering the following areas:
- Configuration of Network switches and routers.
- Create test plans and test procedures
- Testing of the Network.
- Perform systems tests and produce reports as required.
- Successfully designed and implemented network projects of medium to large scale with the ability to document any works and mitigate risks.
- Sound interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly ascertain the competence level of a Customer and drop down to or increase up to their understanding of Networks. They must always show humility when dealing with Customers.
- A self-starter and able to start, complete and document tasks within agreed time scales with minimal supervision.
- Excellent command of the English language and Microsoft Software
- Ensuring any project, consultancy or support works are scoped, quoted, documented and mutually agreed prior to commencement of work.
- Ensure project risks are understood and highlighted to Business Unit Manager prior to commencement of work.
- Ensure any Junior Network Technician documents, reports, designs, configurations are delivered on-time and validated.
- Develop accreditation in Project Management using internal training courses.
Network Accreditation Trainer & Business Development Lead
- Business Development Lead for all Industrial Network & Identification Courses
- Opportunity & Pipeline Management for all Training Courses
- Preparing and delivering all related training quotations.
- Course management and planning
- Course delivery including re-sits
- Updating training equipment, notes, exams materials and methods to deliver training and exams.
- Ensure SITRAIN web-site is up to date and internal training share point is up to date.
- Forward looking planning and strategy for future training courses and requirements.
- Holder of networking certifications such as CCNA & CCDA or a Siemens Equivalent.
- Strong Networking background with extensive experience in designing, testing, and installing a wide variety of application including Ethernet networks in Utility, Transportation (Rail, ITS) and industrial environments.
- Minimum Project Management to APM Project Management Fundamentals Qualification.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time