The Applications Service Engineer (ASE) will be responsible for supporting critical solution engineering oversight of Siemens eMobility service projects. This engineer will act as a lead in the electric vehicle charging infrastructure center of competency, as well as a key supporting role in opportunity quotation and design review. The role will require the ability to analyze customer specifications for EV charging solutions, engage with development engineering leadership, directly interact with end users/customers, and act as project engineering oversight during execution.
This position may require moderate field/factory travel and work, to gain the level of competencies required to act as the localized expert for EV solution engineering. However, the role is a remote working role, to be supported within the eastern or central US time zones. This position will report directly to the Head of Managed Services for Siemens Future Grids, in North America.
As part of the fastest growing business unit, within the overall Siemens Future Grid segment, eMobility encompasses some of the most exciting new technologies that Siemens offers. Come work on a team that is driving change in the electrification of our transportation industry.
- EV infrastructure design specification review, with intent to identify Siemens product solutions and cost modeling data needed for sales proposals
- Engineering oversight during project execution, reviewing electrical drawings for accuracy, and approving production plans and field construction plans along the way
- Oversight of contracted engineering services
- Support the project management team with go/no go decisions on production of equipment to fulfill the project design requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Power Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or related electrical engineering field.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in power distribution, power electronics, PLC / SCADA devices & programming, UPS systems, or other related industrial electrical equipment diagnostics.
- Optimal candidates have experience in electric vehicle charging technologies, in either design or make-ready infrastructure equipment construction
- Proven experience in managing time and material resources
- Proven experience in managing critical customer relationships and communication
- Basic understanding of quotation support, bid support, and cost-up modeling
- Fundamental understanding of NEC standards
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.