Mission of Function:
Early involvement of Procurement and suppliers in the product development/ manufacturing process as well as monitoring current products in order to minimize the overall costs. Taking account of the interface partner functions for (product) development. Quality, logistics and material group management (commodity management) as information interchange and assisting in selecting the most efficient suppliers.
• Early Procurement Involvement: Be actively involved in the product development / manufacturing process as well as implement cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D community in the BU and Procurement (Commodity Managers, Buyers).
• Early Supplier Integration: Include suppliers and contribute to cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
• Analysis: Conduct and provide market information/analyses on international technology and price trends in order to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
• Alignment of Technology Roadmaps: Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies and technological market trends.
• Strategy alignment: Support activities planned by the lines of business in order to harmonize and implement the technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
• Strategy deployment: Prepare sourcing decisions with interface partners in order to incorporate technological know-how and safeguard security strategies.
• Business support: Be involved in and provide corresponding support for projects in lines of business in order to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings in the project.
• Supplier Management: Assess and develop suppliers from the technological standpoint (if necessary, jointly with interface partners) in order to concentrate on the best suppliers.
• Knowledge management: Participate in workgroups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed, and exert influence at an early stage.
• Bachelor degree or above in electric engineering, automation or relative major.
• 8 years work experience in commodity sourcing, mechanical and metal parts preferred.
• Good negotiation skills and Capability in Commodity Cost Breakdown Analysis.
• Good understanding on project management concept, experience in Cross Functional Project experience preferred.
• Intelligence in China supply market is a plus.
• Capability in multitasking processing.
• Be good at both verbal and written English and be willing to attend the global commodity and/or project meeting regularly at different time zone.