Cryogenics Engineer– Oxford (flexible working hours)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cryogenics Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary group in our R&D department, who are dedicated to MRI superconducting magnet design and manufacturing and maintain the “state of the art” competence in magnet design and manufacturing processes and lead the cutting-edge technology development.
Depending upon your experience you could join at either Engineer, Senior or Principal Engineer level.
As a part of a global MR R&D team, you will have exciting opportunities in new product development from concept generation to detailed design and prototype build and then production ramp up, or lead a technology development, or contribute on challenge in-house/on-site technical problem solving or continuous product improvement.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field. Our superconducting magnets are at the heart of MRI systems globally. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
This is your role, what part will you play?
- Develop competitive and reliable new superconducting magnets, including feasibility study, concept generation, technical design, and realization with focuses on cryogenics management.
- Drive innovation and technical strategy to keep competitiveness
- Lead a technology development when required
- Lead to solve complex technical issue by using Structured Problem Solving (SPS) approach
- Define, review and ensure compliance of internal and external technical standards
- Train and coach junior engineers, manufacturing and service personnel
- Evaluate products, technologies and intellectual property of competitors to ensure leading position and be involved in internal IP management
- Establish and manage programmes with external commercial and academic institutions to utilise comprehensive range of expertise when required.
What can we offer you?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout your career with us, you’ll have every chance to develop personally and professionally in a role offering real depth and breadth of experience.
At our Oxford site we offer flexible working hours, subsidised restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension scheme and company contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits (including dental).
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Cryogenics Development Engineer with:
- Broad spectrum of engineering experience and capable of applying a flexible and creative approach to a variety of engineering technologies.
- Knowledge of thermodynamic principles at cryogenic temperatures
- Understanding of cryogenic material properties and selection of materials
- Analytical and practical design of low temperature systems
- Understanding of refrigeration systems, their operating principles and advantages.
- Understanding and design of vacuum systems
- Selection and application of cryogenic Instrumentation and measurement
- Awareness of latest developments in cryogenic engineering
- Have a good honours degree in Physics or Engineering
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
Please follow this link for further information about our products and services: https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/magnetic-resonance-imaging/siemens-magnet-technology
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time