Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Smart Infrastructure:
The Field Service Estimator/Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate quotation of system service and repair work identified through code mandated routine Inspection, Testing and Maintenance (ITM) of Fire and Life Safety equipment. Upon completion of ITM work, potential issues are identified on the required documentation and presented to the customer for approval of appropriate repairs.
In order to maintain a safe working environment, it is important that customers understand and address any issues discovered with their equipment/systems in a timely manner. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression and other life safety equipment to help customers address system deficiencies that can affect their operation in the event of an emergency. This role is critical to our customers’ business continuity through the proactive protection of their property and personnel.
This role is based in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area, but will support offices across North America.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals, based on information provided by field technical personnel, for the correction of impairments and deficiencies identified during ITM services on Fire Protection and Life Safety Equipment.
- Understand the end product/result and work to determine the correct solution that best meets the customer’s needs, while maintaining code compliance and equipment operability.
- Submit proposals with supporting cost estimates to the Field Quote Support Center Supervisor for review.
- Send approved proposal to the customer, client services manager and appropriate field personnel based on local workflow and/or code requirements.
- Track and follow up on customer correspondence to secure approval for needed repair work.
- Coordinate with Supervisor and other team members to identify source and cost of repair parts and/or services when necessary.
- Prepare turnover documentation for transmittal to local service coordinators in the appropriate branch office to ensure proper completion of work.
- Track and maintain assigned proposals and purchase orders.
- Report unresponsive customers or delayed approvals to Field Quote Support Center Supervisor for escalation to local service team as needed.
- Provide feedback on methods and means that would help streamline the process and improve throughput for all parties.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and support.
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- 3 years of experience in Fire Alarm, Fire Sprinkler and/or Special Hazard Suppression Systems (inspector, technician, construction, sales, project management).
- Strong customer service skills with a desire to help customers find the right solution.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Good phone etiquette and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
- Proven experience working in a home-based, virtual environment.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of software tools. (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with remote customers, field technicians and operations teams.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- NICET Certification in Fire Alarm Systems, Sprinkler Systems, or Special Hazards Systems is highly preferred.
- State of local Fire Alarm, Fire Extinguisher or Fire Sprinkler Inspector Licenses highly preferred.
- Field Technical Experience in the Fire Alarm, Fire Protection or Life Safety Industries.
- Experience in a call center environment is a plus.
- Understanding of business processes, standard practices, tools, and financial systems within a branch office of a large corporation.
- Estimating and/or Sales experience in the Fire Alarm, Fire Protection, Life Safety or related Industries.
- Experience working with Canadian businesses and AHJ’s a plus
- Multi-lingual (English/French Canadian) a plus
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.