Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position supports projects with logistics activities aimed at increasing customer satisfaction and ensuring the success of the project through accurate and on-schedule material supply.
- Perform logistics activities in order to guarantee an economical and on-schedule delivery of materials as defined by the Project Manager in the installation schedule.
- Own the process of material requisitioning in projects assigned, using all relevant logistics data and options in order to minimize transport and handling costs in balance with optimal installation efforts.
- Coordinate, communicate, and maintain information from internal and external suppliers, project procurement, transport providers, and service providers for the entire supply chain process in order to
ensure an accurate, on-schedule, and economical process.
- Ensure availability of information to the project team regarding disposition of materials during transport,
and coordinate corrective actions needed to ensure materials arrive on site in line with the installation
- Create efficiency and status reports regarding material and product availability based on the needs of the project supply concept.
- Document and process complaints or transport damages with responsible partners (warehouse team, procurement, insurance, project controlling, quality, project management) in order to secure any recourse claims and to take further measures.
- Support returns of materials in excess to relevant suppliers in order to recoup money on projects.
- Monitoring, tracking and asset management of internal and external inventory
- Scheduling, dispatching and coordination of field resources and project materials to customer site(s)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience with LV and MV electrical power distribution equipment and systems preferred
- Familiar with electrical power industry codes and standards including to IEEE, UL, ANSI, NFPA, NEC and NEMA.
- Progressive logistics, materials management, and transportation experience within the project
environment (e.g., construction, EPC, etc.); 2+ years preferred
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules, and priorities for multiple projects or assignments
- Experience with coordinating activities with third-party service providers, including the definition of
services level and tracking performance and compliance
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently and when working in groups
- Professional Logistics Certification (e.g., CSCP, CLTD, CITLP) preferred
- Experience with requirements regarding all modes of transportation and distribution models preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.