During the current global health crisis, the priority for us is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Team Lead Cloud Software - We are forming a new team for a green field application in a new domain, real challenges are you ready?
This is an outstanding opportunity to combine your agile leadership and technical skills while working with the latest technology.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) we at Siemens have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are building a team for the R&D of a range of cloud based and cloud enablement software.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Assisting in the founding of a SW team in Ireland
- Agile practices for the delivery of incremental customer value
- High performance highly secure scalable software
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Understands Agile principles and practices and facilitates teams to become highly successful
- Is a natural leader that builds respect and creates a safe space for innovation to flourish
- Understands the requirements of Cloud based solutions along with the techniques and behaviours required to deliver them successfully.
- Is agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly
- Knows what it takes to achieve continuous deployment
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing customer IP in the cloud.
- Is a strong hands on developer or architect and appreciates when and where tradeoffs are made.
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Assist with hiring the rest of the team and future teams
- Agile facilitator within the team
- Maintain willingness and collaboration within and across teams
- Technical leadership across the team
- Development, testing and maintenance of microservices, standalone applications and tooling running in a range of environments
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience in building complex high performance systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Excellent hands on development skill in more than one of Golang, Java, Python, C++ or IaC
- Agile certification
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Ability to build and maintain successful teams
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle
- Hands on creating, testing, consuming Rest API
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home. Currently we are supporting remote working, in the future this position will be based from our Shannon office, offering a blended way of working!
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time