During the current global health crisis, the priority for us is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are forming a new team for a green field application in a new domain, real challenges are you ready? We are looking for a Senior Cloud Software Architect to join our forward thinking team.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) we at Siemens have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are beginning our R&D of a Hybrid SaaS offering in the EDA space to complement our EDA cloud enablement software.
This is an outstanding opportunity to further your cloud understanding.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Architecting cloud solutions to orchestrate the HPC offerings of AWS and Azure.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Understands the architecture of large scale Cloud solutions and hybrid cloud concerns
- Understands the various microservices architecture styles and patterns – what works when and why
- Knows what it takes to achieve continuous deployment
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing customer IP in the cloud.
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Understand the attack surface of software running in the cloud.
- Creation of a software architecture for a Hybrid SaaS solution
- Technical leadership across the team and department
- Development, testing and maintenance of microservices, standalone applications and tooling running in different environments
- Development of inter-cloud resource orchestration
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience in building sophisticated high performance systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Strong understanding of Identity, Authorisation, RBAC and Security in a multi-cloud environment
- Excellent hands on development skill in more than one of Golang, Java, Python or C++
- Previous use of a microservice development framework.
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Proven communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development standard methodologies for the full engineering lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of the containerised development stack.
- Deep understanding of one of the Cloud IaaS.
- Hands on crafting, testing, consuming Rest API
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home. Currently supporting remote working, in the future this position will be based from our Shannon office, offering a blended way of working!
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time