Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) we at Siemens have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are beginning our R&D of a Hybrid SaaS offering in the EDA space to complement our EDA cloud enablement software.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Ensuring our environments and applications are primed for performance and scale
- Designing and implementing automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of our customers, the development teams and SaaS applications
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats from Development to SRE as the projects evolve
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude, coupled with strong communication skill.
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for both Customer managed and internally managed cloud environments containing customer IP Automates, automates, automates.
- Working closely with and across internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development life-cycle.
- Analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous integration, build, test and deployment for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Facilitate multi-cloud resource orchestration from the Siemens PaaS.
- Design and implement automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of development teams.
- Managing a service critical codebase with version control using Git.
- Applying monitoring techniques for early problem detection and reporting.
- Work in a scrum team with fellow Engineers to develop dynamically controlled infrastructure
- Partner with the wider organisation to understand, socialise and support their internal cloud infrastructure development needs
- Performance comparison testing of the latest cloud servers with our software
- Create and maintain dashboards for the various KPIs.
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in SW/HW Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Sound experience implementing and administering dependency management and static code analysis platforms like Nexus and SonarQube.
- Experience in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Cloud and Application Security.
- Proven experience in Container orchestration.
- Understanding of the Architectures, Consles, API and CLIs of AWS and Azure or Google IPaaS.
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code and associated scripting technologies
- Some experience of an application development programming language appreciated. Eg. Golang, Python, Java
- Understanding of the monitoring, logging and management needs of a running SaaS application
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Currently we are supporting remote working, in the future this position will be based from our Shannon office, offering a blended way of working!
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time