At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We currently have a great opportunity for a Cloud Architect to lead our team in building Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for our world-class PLM software portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition and communication of SaaS solution architecture across globally distributed cross-functional development teams, including defining and implementing development standards, processes, and other supporting activities across teams
- Lead coordination with supplier service teams, vendors, and other experts inside and outside of our enterprise organization to negotiate requirements and comply with relevant policies
- Lead adoption of best practices for cloud-native architecture, Web service development, security, operations, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), DevOps, and other supporting areas as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the transformation of business and development practices to support SaaS solution development and delivery
- Contribute directly to the design and implementation of cloud-hosted frontend and backend Web components
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5 or more years of experience developing Web services
- 3 or more years of experience with solution architecture on AWS
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of security and operations best practices for SaaS
- Knowledge of AWS Services, including EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, IAM, and other core services
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience as a Team Lead for one or more development teams
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices and working with CI/CD tools such as Gitlab CI
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure as Code solutions, such as CloudFormation
- Knowledge of cloud and systems security best practices and leading security reviews
- Experience working in an enterprise organization, with globally distributed development teams
- Experience developing frontend Web solutions
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.