Applications Engineer – Simcenter Femap
Work Location: Exton, PA
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens DI Software is looking for a degreed engineer with experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to work directly with the Simcenter Femap software development team. Assists other engineers in the design, development, and implementation of features for the Simcenter Femap product. Cogently communicates software problems to product development. Works with general supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and discretion.
Simcenter Femap is an advanced engineering simulation software program that creates finite element analysis models of complex engineering products and systems, then displays solution results. Simcenter Femap can virtually model components, assemblies or systems and determine the behavioral response for a given operating environment.
- Become proficient with Simcenter Femap in order to demonstrate the software, either in-person or virtually, to potential customers, our network of Value-Added Resellers (Distributors), and at industry trade shows and conferences.
- Perform modeling sessions with the product to exercise new and existing features in the software to insure high quality.
- Actively participate in User Interface design direction and planning of new features and workflows.
- Learn detailed information about running analyses using various industry standard Finite Element Analysis (FEA) solvers including Simcenter Nastran, MSC Nastran, Autodesk Nastran, ANSYS, ABAQUS, LS-Dyna, and MARC.
- Assist Sales and Marketing in generation of customer-facing assets including presentations, videos, images, technical papers, and demonstration materials.
- Provide second-level support for Simcenter Femap issues which have been escalated by the Siemens DI Software technical support organization.
- Develop custom applications for use by customers and/or the development team using Simcenter Femap's Applications Programming Interface (API).
- Deliver training classes for new users, either on-site at a customer location or at a Siemens DI Software facility.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with a Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software application (Simcenter Femap, Simcenter 3D, Simcenter Nastran, Autodesk Nastran, MSC Nastran, MSC PATRAN, MSC Apex, Hypermesh, ANSA, ANSYS, ABAQUS, LS-Dyna, MARC, I-DEAS, etc)
- Moderate knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree (or international graduate of a university level program) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Computer Science. Some experience in an engineering field or computer science is desired.
- Familiarity with programming using C++, C#, VBA, VB.NET, Python, or other standard programming language.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.