Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Explore our Digital World
Do you want to create technologies that transform the everyday for billions of people? Our digital careers offer the opportunity to shape the next era of growth and innovation, challenging ourselves to build a better future. By creating ground breaking technologies that transform our world, we need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Picture yourself in the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Enlighted is a trailblazing Silicon Valley company in Smart Buildings and IoT and we're looking for the brightest minds out there to join our Canadian team.
We build an end-to-end IoT solution from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. And, once installed, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications in commercial buildings such as space utilization, traffic flow and asset tracking allowing customers to see for the first time how their buildings and assets are being used.
Enlighted is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a startup with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. As part of Enlighted Waterloo, you will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approx. 2500 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
Enlighted is looking for a Sr Director of Hardware Engineering to develop cutting edge Smart building connected products. Our platform is installed in over 350 million square feet of commercial real estate. You will be part of the senior leadership group within the company and will report to the SVP of Research & Development (R&D). You will be a leading technologist for the Enlighted embedded platform which spans across different business verticals. As a leader of a multi-disciplinary team of architects and domain-specialists, you will be expected to help guide your team in driving the most innovative technology in the market. You will help drive insightful and critical design and architecture decisions to shape Enlighted’s product vision. This hands-on role entails significant ownership of our world class hardware design (ranging from architecture, implementation, validation, and full life cycle ownership) to firmware and software design at the edge (ranging from development, testing and integration) as well as driving manufacturing operations.
What will you do?
- Work with team leaders across the company to strategize our roadmap with an emphasis on ensuring products, features, and partnerships.
- Develop and own the hardware product vision which aligns with the company goals.
- Be a thought leader within the company to shape future generations of Enlighted products to build on Enlighted’s success in the IOT space.
- Work with CTO and product teams across various initiatives in developing, articulating, and implementing strategy, with a particular emphasis on proving out various advanced technologies.
- Direct electrical, firmware, mechanical & manufacturing teams to ensure a smooth product launch.
- Enforce standard procedures and practices to meet customer driven deadlines.
- Execute system level Integration of hardware such as digital and RF technologies including but not limited to microprocessor, UWB, WIFI, Blue Tooth (BT), and Cellular.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability.
- Contribute to the on-going improvement of product development processes through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Improve the customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree; or Master’s preferred in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience cultivating relationships and creating ecosystems around platforms.
- Hands-on work on hardware product design and taken several products from concept to production is essential.
- Experience with working with edge computing platforms and have expertise with local Analytics, ML & AI & Automation is a big plus.
- 15+ years of experience in Hardware product design, and 5+ years management experience in building and leading successful engineering teams.
- Previous experience with medium-high volume consumer / industrial electronics manufacturing at scale.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as through influence and collaboration.
- Prior working relationships with contract manufacturing for manufacturing support.
- Understanding the various costing models in hardware products and experience in value engineering exercises with proven record of achieving significant cost cutting.
- Subject matter expert in System integration (EE, FW, ME & RF) of hardware products
- Experience working solutions with on prem and cloud software components is a big plus.
- Demonstrate deep understanding in complex RF - electromechanical product is a big plus.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.