From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team, based at our Belmont office.
Siemens Mobility MRX are expanding our engineering teams to tackle a growing project portfolio, and currently seek Australian based applicants who will report to our VEMS Mechanical Team Lead and work with a great team of 7 mechanical engineers, within a larger multidisciplinary team, to design and realise product solutions through the whole PLM lifecycle, from conceptualisation and bids through to maintenance and decommissioning.
If have held a similar position and are looking for a new challenge and wanting to work with a dynamic team of high achievers in a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business where you can make a positive contribution, then this may present a unique opportunity.
This position is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents with the possibility of early advancement to Team Lead.
Areas of Responsibility
- Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
- Defines the products, components, and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
- Configures the components and systems of the solution according to the requirements
- Develops detailed solutions for the integration to ensure the interaction of the individual elements as a functioning unit.
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
- May minister the executing units (e.g. manufacturing, procurement, logistics).
- Develops and motivates a group of multidisciplined professionals technically, to achieve the targets set.
- Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, for the Engineering Team.
- Coordinates Engineering activities performed by a team of professionals and technicians and controls execution according to the organizational guidelines.
- Provides suitable work environment and implements people management processes.
- May also lead a group of dedicated qualified employees and professionals.
- May plan and allocate resources and budgets to Engineering projects or activities.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in a mechanical engineering product design environment
- A degree in a relevant field
- Experience in design for production of equipment to withstand railway, heavy industrial or mining operational environments
- Experience with current manufacturing technologies including sheet metal, fabrication and machining.
- Experience with static and dynamic stress analysis
- Experience of type testing: shock and vibration, IP, thermal
- Technically advanced in mechanical design for industrial environments, with 3D CAD software
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline team, alongside electrical and software engineers to achieve a common goal.
- Commissioning of large and small scale projects, including integration with electrical and civil engineering teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to "think outside of the box"
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Exposure to standards and documenting designs to comply with those standards
- Strong project team involvement and understanding of safety, budget and schedule priorities and importance.
- Ability to mentor and lead Graduate Engineers
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Enterprise Requirements Planning software systems’ (e.g Oracle, SAP) familiarity.
- Experience working within a strict quality management system.
Benefits & Culture
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Relaxed office culture
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time