Would you love to be a part of one of the world's leading software companies?
Siemens EDA is seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting DevOps Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.What you'll be doing:
- Maintaining high-availability production systems and large integrated environments.
- Developing/maintaining in-house utilities to automate/facilitate development & releasing activities.
- Managing continuous integration frameworks, Enterprise Monitoring and alert notification.
- Retrofitting solutions into already established workflows and development methodologies.
- Ability to explore, evaluate, integrate, and deploy state of the art Third-party tools for Development/Testing and Releasing teams.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
To apply, you will need to bring great skills and know-how to the role. We're looking for a candidate with:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant degree with a minimum cumulative grade "Very Good" from a reputable University.
- Excellent Programming Skills in any of (C, C++, Java, Python).
- Very good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl/Csh/Bash/Tcl/Java Script).
- Good Knowledge of OOP concepts, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- (Plus) Previous knowledge or experience in any of the below systems:
- Continuous Integration, and SDLC process/tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Source Control Management (Perforce, GIT) configuration, management and tuning.
- Configuration management (Puppet, Tanium) to standardize environments.
- DevOps Infrastructure as Code and deployment of micro-services.
- Docker & Containers experience.
- Kernel and OS patching
- Great teammate who can work effectively with a worldwide, multi-site development environment.
- Self-motivated, inventive, and has the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent command of English and presentation skills.
Siemens EDA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Mentor Graphics are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Mentor Graphics will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Mentor Graphics encourages applicants of all ages.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time