Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of UK Rolling Stock Approvals to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business. Your main accountability within the role is to gain technical and legal approvals required in Germany to operate the trains in the UK. You will also define technical standards at design stage, manage the contractors employed to support those activities and write approval plans for bids. You will be able to effectively communicate with key stakeholders such as Infrastructure Managers, safety authority and the operators and be accountable to each Project Manager with financial responsibility in the region of £300k.
In this role, there will be a requirement to travel to Germany for a period of 3 months within first 3 months of starting in the role (dependent on covid-19), travel expenses will be covered.
What are your responsibilities
- Lead on approval strategy and plan for each train design and to support the bid process
- Prepare detailed execution strategy for the project upon winning a contract. Work on the time plan for the approvals and supervising the execution with budget responsibility
- Support current UK projects – act as an interface between UK and Germany
- Management of Safety Managers and sub-contractors. Enforcer of safety standards
- Sit on Rolling Stock Standards Committee and the EMC Strategy Committee (Electromagnetic compatibility)
- Be responsible for the change control process and ensuring alignment with the approval process
- Ensure the risk assessment process is followed through following engineering change
What skills and experience do you need to apply?
- Relevant engineering degree
- Rail Industry experience with in-depth knowledge of train design (diesel and electric)
- Technical or safety case experience
- Experience or qualification in Project Management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of industry and legislative standards / EU standards
- Thorough understanding of UK approvals process
- Basic financial and commercial understanding of contracts
- Be able to work methodically and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written and ability to present to statutory bodies (DfT, Network Rail)
- Masters Qualification
- Chartered Engineer
- German language
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time