As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas of Rolling Stock, Rail Infrastructure, Intelligent Traffic Systems as well as related Customer Services. With digitalization, we are enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire life cycle, improve passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc. is a partner to public agencies and companies in furnishing traffic infrastructure technology that meets tomorrow’s mobility needs today.
Join a dynamic, fast paced software test and automation engineering team testing outstanding Rail Mobility solutions. Work with the embedded devices, Linux and Microsoft© coordinated development environment Azure DevOps Service, using the latest automation tooling. We'd love to have you join our team!Responsibilities:
You will be part of an established team committed to innovation and contribution, trust and respect, teamwork and uncompromising integrity. Cultivate effective working relationships with other test team members, software architects and developers and track new product functionality. Maintain and improve testing infrastructure, integrating new tools and technologies in a continuously evolving environment. You will be responsible for both functional and automated SW verification.Candidate Profile:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant equivalent technical experience
- Understanding of server/client base application and environment
- Understanding and experience with testing of Mobile (Android and iOS) applications
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, cross-discipline environment
- Detail oriented with proven ability to understand and assess a sophisticated software application or scenario with particular focus on the development and execution of comprehensive test scripts or protocols and defect (failure mode) detection
- Identify manual processes and inefficiencies and improve them through automation
- Implement test automation using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD)
- Develop automated regression and/or functional test suites
- Experience with Microsoft© Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with embedded device testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, willing and able to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Experience testing highly critical real-time large-scale distributed client-server applications via automation.
- Experienced in the deployment of enterprise wide network solutions
- Significant experience in SW development with C#/.NET; preferable in the area of SW Test automation
- Knowledge of Agile process/workflow
- Knowledge of Micro Service Architecture
- Network Certification
- Proven knowledge of TCP/IP, Cisco equipment and configurations, routing and switching
- Experience and understanding of 802.11 technologies and standards
- Ability to understand hardware design coordinated with software operating in Linux environment
- Knowledge of RF testing techniques for digital packet radio operating from 1.4GHz to 5.8GHz with underlying GMSK in a TDMA proprietary DECT based system, and 802.11 WLAN technologies
- Good understanding of wireless technologies including 802.11 WLAN
- Use of network traffic analysis
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Applications Developer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.