Real trendsetters in every language.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
If you could be an architect or a senior developer, but you find your heart truly lies in defining the right product, come join the software team at Siemens as a Technical Product Manager. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or solve some of the hardest problems on Earth, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first-hand in designing the next generation of computing.
What will you do?
- Work with multiple stakeholders including product management, the CSO, etc. to help develop the technical plan
- Ensure all technical requirements are captured including compliance, security, availability, and scalability concerns
- Work with product management to ensure that work is sequenced based on technical dependencies as well as business priorities
- Help clarify various options for the direction of the product as it relates to technical viability alongside the development team
- Make sure all participants understand what is being built, why it is being built, and how we will build it
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development of cloud native solutions
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues to stay connected to technology
- Understand technical tradeoffs and opportunity costs to make quick decisions to support your team.
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
AWS / Azure Experience:
- Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that you possess one or more of the following:
Cloud development experience:
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills required include:
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles, and geographical and time zone boundaries.
- High degree of organization to manage and maintain project plans, road maps, and provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.