Location: Munich in Germany or elsewhere in Europe
Organization: Siemens EDA
Type: Full time / permanent
Siemens EDA is one of the leading suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
The Harness Domain Leader - Product Manager (m/f/d) will be an integral member of the Integrated Electrical Systems (IES) team, leading the development of interactive, 3D, model-based electrical software applications based on Capital, NX, Teamcenter and other Siemens PLM products, working collaboratively Industry OEMs, Tier 1s, technical publications and dealer/maintenance teams worldwide.
The position involves responsibility for driving the development of a profitable software product suite for electrical service publications and maintenance products. The successful applicant will develop insight of the key trends impacting the business and will use this to create product strategies and market messaging. They will interact closely with our technical development organization helping to define and deliver the product roadmap, will work closely with our marketing organization developing tactics and building collateral, and will be an evangelist for the products, enabling account teams serving key customers and incubator accounts while developing our approach to the broader market. They will be responsible for boosting the market attractiveness of the products by developing a surrounding ecosystem of integrated Siemens and 3rd party products, and by studying possible acquisitions, partnerships and services. They will actively seek out opportunities to leverage the domain’s technology platform into new areas, and articulate the business case for investing. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop go to market strategy for the product and collaborate to develop the collateral necessary for product marketing and sales.
- Lead the market, industry, sales and competitive product analysis to define the product roadmap and business plans.
- Collaborate with the unit’s leadership, the development team and other stakeholders to drive the day to day development activities and execute the roadmap deliverables.
- Developing training materials and delivering training to internal personnel and partners to execute the go to market strategy.
- Demonstrate product capabilities to customers and prospects.
- Work closely with customers and partners to gather requirements and validate product enhancements and innovative ideas.
We are seeking a high calibre individual who is a business and technical thought leader in this field, and is a recognised authority in this area. Candidates preferably have long experience in the Harness industry. This experience could have been gained within an OEM, a Tier 1, or a Harness services company, or a software vendor operating in this area. Necessary skills and experience for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Design, Manufacturing or Engineering.
- Expert knowledge of the use of software to improve generation and consumption of technical documentation, and deployment of after sales diagnostics systems.
- Enthusiasm for software technology, ideally with experience specifying new software products and/or deploying IT systems.
- An ability to think in business terms and to drive business initiatives.
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills coupled with the ability to communicate in clear, business-oriented terms. Fluent spoken & written English is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types and size of audiences is required.
- Quick learner, who adapts well to changes in a fast paced environment and a strong interest in learning and applying new technology to solve problems through teamwork and innovative solutions.
Advantageous skills and experience for this position:
- A track record of publications or presenting at conferences in this domain would be an advantage.
- Experience as a product manager for any CAD/CAM/CAE software application a plus, especially dealing with technical publications and/or after sales/maintenance.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Eva Kaiser.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time