Contemporary railways require revolutionised signalling technology to keep up with ever increasing capacity and headway demands.
A Project Manager is required to join our Research and Development department to drive forward the product development of ground-breaking technology in the rail industry.
The Project Manager will be expected to lead cross functional teams to deliver maximum product value to a range of internal and external customers.
The focus of the role will be on the effective coordination of activities leading to the successful delivery of projects on time and to budget.
The Project Manager will liaise closely with other key roles in the organisation (e.g. programme managers, technical authorities, product line managers, etc.) to ensure the project meets the needs of the business.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working with Product line managers to develop and deliver strategic products with maximum value to the customer
- Creating the Project Management Plan and ensuring that new products or services are delivered according to the plan
- Creating the schedule and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Ensuring effective implementation of the company quality and safety management systems
- Managing the project’s budget
- monitoring the expenditures and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to the project
- Managing third party contributions to the project
- Managing the communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces of the project
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
- Reporting progress of the project at regular intervals to the R&D Management team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in a related technical field or discipline (essential)
- Significant related industry experience; aerospace or transport background would be an asset (essential)
- Demonstrable experience as a Project Manager (essential)
- Professional accreditation (essential)
- Proven experience of leading hardware and software development (essential)
- Experience in projects that developed complex electronics for rail or aerospace (essential)
- Good understanding of hardware, software and system development as well as experience with new product introduction (essential)
- Experience with MS Project (essential)
- Experience of safety systems development
- Experience of working in both Classical and Agile development environments
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.