As the Customer Service Support Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the Network Rail signalling support contract, and all associated works, are delivered in line with the contract requirements and financial budgets. You will be responsible for coordinating the service delivery in line with the Customer Services model, ensuring key functions such as engineering, project management, R&D and manufacturing teams work collaboratively to achieve the overall business objectives. You will work closely with our Network Rail Account Manager to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service.
The role will require development, implementation and continuous improvement of key processes and procedures, effective resource management across different teams within Customer Services, as well as the wider Rail Infrastructure business, coordination of internal and external stakeholders, as well as developing customer and industry partner relationships.
What are my responsibilities
- Manage resource allocation to deliver all contractual requirements, including facilitating resolution of any general requests and technical issues, to the client's satisfaction
- Managing the customer facing call desk / email account services, to meet contractual requirements and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Continuous management, policing, development, and improvement of processes to ensure consistent and successful Customer Service delivery
- Manage interface between the Account Manager and ticket resolution (Customer Service team engineers or others)
- Monitor and provide management overview of status of tickets including reporting, statistics, metrics, and KPI/SLAs for onward transmission to customers
- Regular liaison meetings with Account Manager over priorities and update on progress
- Production of reports, studies and recommendations for the Account Manager and customers resulting from, predominantly but not restricted to, ticket issues or emerging cost items
- Management, monitoring and forecasting of emerging works relating to the contract, and subsequent commercial applications to clients
- Managing, monitoring, and improving the quality of the information captured and recorded in our ticket system and reported to others
- Support the Account Manager with identification and realisation of customer service initiatives to increase revenue, as well as preparing for, participating at and leading customer meetings when required
- Working with engineering management to continually assess and ensure that the Customer Services team can provide support for all legacy and new products and systems
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent planning and organisational skills (essential)
- Demonstrable experience in service management or engineering (essential)
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Project Management accreditation
- Knowledge of rail signalling systems
- Excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners and internal colleagues at all levels
- Knowledge of contract safety requirements and contract conditions
- Ability to make informed decisions on service contract delivery based on interpretations of contract specifications
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.