Are you a forward-thinking and technologically savvy undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of innovation and digitalisation? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
You will be working in a small dynamic team who work across the whole Siemens Rail Infrastructure business and collaborate across the whole Siemens Mobility business to develop new innovative digital solutions which use Data Analytics, AI and Machine Learning to improve outcomes for passengers and freight users.
You will be working with new technologies such as Cloud Computing and Siemens Railigent Platform. You will be working with customers to identify solutions as well as diving into data to gain information and insights to improve railway performance.
As graduate in the Digitalisation and Innovation team you will be:
- Investigating trends outside of railway industry and identify where those trends can be applied
- Supporting the identification of customer needs and improvement of business capabilities
- Carrying out data driven customer, market and technology analysis
- Eliciting, capturing and analysing customer requirements
- Specifying solution requriements
- Integrating component subsystems and products into a single solution
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Able to understand and develop business cases and measure against goals
- Understanding of and interest in digital and emerging technologies
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Able to contribute to continuous process improvement
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to apply data analysis and statistical techniques
- Ability to develop applications for data transformation and cleansing
- Ability to influence and negotiate with people at mid-management levels within Siemens RI and customer organisations, whilst fostering strong working relationships.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications and corporate tools.
- Customer and market focused
- Motivated, dependable and self-reliant
- Forward thinker with strong desire and willingness to innovate and drive culture change
- Collaborative and inclusive leader able to develop strong relationships and support others
- Agile and flexible, focused on efficiency
- Outcome focused, not constrained by implementation
- Willing to challenge the status quo
- You will have achieved or be predicted to achieve a degree in systems engineering, computer science, economics or data science.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of railway engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building
a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly
encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity
to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all
applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time