We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Software DevOps Professional (Grid Edge) is responsible for designing, documenting, automating, implementing, and maintaining DevOps processes/steps (such as build, release, cloud deployment, version control, branching, and merging etc.) for contributed on-premise and/or cloud development projects. The candidate will directly report to a local manager, plus functionally collaborate with the local and global project responsible colleagues.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain, and support commercial application software that is composed of micro-services,
- Creating, improving, and maintaining new or existing continous integration (CI) pipelines,
- Establishing a continuous delivery (CD) pipeline and maintain its operation,
- Participating and proactively contributing agile process practices,
- Contributing requirements preparation and design on DevOps related issues,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical-Electronical Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
- Experience in distributed systems and microservices architecture,
- Experience in containerization strategies (such as Docker, AWS EC2),
- Experience in orchestration strategies (such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS),
- Hands-on experience in high quality software delivery and administration of live systems,
- Experience in database and object storage administration,
- Experience in security concepts and good understanding of related technologies,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as GitLab),
- Committed to tidy and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Able to locate cross-cutting concerns (i.e. pointing out common usages and practices) to guide software development teams,
- Understanding of clean and well documented script/code (such as AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform)
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience or interest in development with variety of programming languages,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts,
- Experience in designing and developing software applications for web-based/cloud platforms,
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
At Siemens we are always challinging our selves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time