We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
Power System Development Engineer (Grid Edge) is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing power systems software in variety of programming languages according to the contributed project environment. The candidate works as a consultant in the development team to govern energy domain for the implemented solution. Additionally, the candidate will directly report to a local manager, plus functionally collaborate with the local and global project stakeholders.
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, develop, maintain, and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis (such as Load flow, Contingency and Short-Circuit Analysis),
- Applying, developing, and maintaining software applications and components under the direction of the development manager(s),
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions,
- Working in an agile software development environment,
- Maintaining software architectures that serves Energy Domain requirements
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Electrical-Electronics Engineering (or similar fields),
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Power System Analysis,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in complex software development projects,
- Proficient understanding of object-oriented concepts, design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software development principles,
- Proficient in software application development with C#, .NET Core and/or Java,
- Experience or interest in ownership of software processes (e.g. backlog management, documentation, quality aspects) in a team of engineers from different domains,
- Experience in working with databases:
- Relational Databases (e.g. Postgresql, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Data modeling
- ORM technologies (e.g. Entity Framework)
- Experience in converting data between different data models,
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts and tools,
- Good understanding in designing and developing software applications for web-based/cloud platforms,
- Understanding in UI design and usability concepts,
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean and well documented code
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Test Driven Development and testing approaches,
- Experience or interest in development with any other languages (e.g. Python, scripting languages),
- Experience in refactoring/deep diving legacy source code,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Experience in development with license management systems and tools
Desired Soft skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive and upbeat attitude,
- Ability to work in a quality oriented, tidy and organized approach,
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools and Energy domain know-how,
- Develop and apply methodologies to meet customer needs
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
- Military service should be completed for male candidates or postponed more than 2 years.
At Siemens we are always challinging our selves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse “Digital Minds” to develop tomorrow’s reality.
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time