Specific Requirements: Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer who will be responsible for developing MEP retrofit scopes of work including the production of 30% level design drawing documents and specifications necessary to establish design build work packages on large Federal performance contracts including, but not limited to ESPC, UESC contracts as well as support UMCS proposals. This position must have experience in design standards for design build projects necessary to comply with applicable codes as well as experience in project estimating and scope development.
This individual will provide engineering design support in the development, design review, and commissioning / certification of Federal energy projects and will work closely with the other project team members to assure projects meets the design criteria. This individual shall be skilled in MEP work to review, analyze, interpret and create a “requirements matrix” to comprehensively document the criteria that are to be met and, in the case of a conflict, comprehensively document which criteria will be followed and why. Within the development of this “requirements matrix”, the Sr. Project Engineer shall include all applicable U.S. commercial and Government standards, regulations and codes (e.g., DoD Unified Facility Criteria (UFC), OSHA, NFPA, ASHRAE, DIARMF, NIST, RFM Cybersecurity framework, etc. These identified standards, regulations and codes shall be noted for relevance during the design phase, construction phase or both. In addition, this position will also support SGT in their technical response to UMCS RFPs developing and writing technical scopes of work and cost estimating.
- Serve as the design team leader and direct all phases of the design from conceptual through final “for construction” documents that both meet the requirements of the contract and are of sufficient detail for an in-country contractor to use for installation.
- Define project scope and design deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with the Government client and all stakeholders.
- Develop 30% level design documents, scopes of work and specifications for design build work packages.
- Establish templates for design standards and specifications to be used on design build Federal performance contracts.
- Assist in developing MEP cost estimates for building MEP retrofits.
- Field design survey work necessary to develop design packages.
- Review and approve design submittals from design build EPC / MEP contractors.
- Support PM and commissioning agents during construction to assure project design is meeting its overall design intent.
- Review and comment on TORFP issued design standards to manage Siemens contract risks as well as compliance.
- Manage file maintenance of all UFC and applicable codes and standard documents.
- Support UMCS proposal responses technical content as well as project cost estimating.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer certifications energy industry experience preferred.
- 7-10 years’ industry related experience with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project estimating and Means estimating tools.
- Experience with AutoCAD and other design software tools.
- Experience working in the Federal market and with DoD UFC requirements.
- Master degree in Engineering or Management
- 10+ years’ experience of a proven history of design progression with EPC contracts in the Federal industry.
- Experience with energy modeling software such as E-Quest.
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.