Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in our Electrical Research and Development department focused on embedded software, circuit board, FPGA, and custom ASIC designs.
is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step
in their career. As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be
- You will be implementing embedded software using C/C++ programming languages
- You will be performing board and system level processor integration using development environments in Windows, Linux, and MQX
- You will be coordinating with board and system level design engineers
- You will be creating documentation of new software command interfaces, features, and verification plans
- You will be utilizing C# and python to create GUI applications for automated testing of hardware and to create debugging and integration tools for new designs
- Your work will often involve analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is
below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have demonstrated excellence working with some of the following: embedded software development, Unix/Linux environments, application development, data engineering and analytics, and/or software verification and validation
- You have demonstrated an interest and ability to learn other coding languages and frameworks as needed
- You possess a proficiency in C/C++ programming languages for embedded and real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- You are familiar with the Xilinx/Intel embedded software development tool suites, for both soft and hard processor subsystems
- You adhere to common software development processes for writing reliable/maintainable code and performing unit testing
- You have exposure to the development of FPGA code using VHDL/Verilog and either Altera or Xilinx design tools
- You are knowledgeable of standard communications protocols such as I2C, SPI, RS-232, CAN, and Ethernet
- You are proficient in reading and understanding complex electrical schematics
- You have experience working in a team environment and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- You have a willingness to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and mastery of the English language (including excellent verbal and written communication)
- You have experience with FDA software development regulations for medical equipment
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Software, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years of embedded software development experience
- Occasional (5%) travel may be required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.