During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
This position is open in the following locations: Altrincham or Newbury (UK); Munich, Germany; Budapest, Hungary.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close collaboration with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible. We need Ambassadors for new ideas, hardworking storytellers, and passionate captivators in marketing and sales who make our customer relationships strong. We’ll open endless possibilities for you to do just that; make the important things a reality!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Analyst to join our team in the UK.
This position exists within our Integrated Electrical Systems (IES) unit which delivers software applications focusing on electrical & electronic systems development, especially for the automotive and aerospace industries. IES is part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, a world leader in engineering software tools. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the group’s broader activities. The position is global in scope, though international travel will not be substantial.
- Business performance assessment in terms of market share and revenue growth trajectories; contribution to business modelling & forecasts.
- Product commercial performance analysis, including contribution to pricing & packaging decisions.
- Market research supporting IES’s go-to-market activity, including quantification of industry trends and identification of potential technology partners.
- Competition research & analysis, including creation of collateral and enablement material supporting customer facing competitive positioning.
- Co-ordination of IES’s export compliance duties.
- Administration of IES’s R&D tax credit submissions.
- Provision of advice and occasional task execution relating to Siemens Digital Industries commercial processes (examples: product obsolescence, product master data maintenance, campaign creation).
Your qualifications - sound and adequate
- Highly numerate. Detail and process oriented. Able to learn and use multiple business reporting & research tools. Able to interpret & present results with accuracy and insight.
- Educated to degree level in a science/engineering/computing subject. Additional education and/or experience in business (examples: business studies, marketing, finance).
- Good communication skills, including building of interpersonal relationships, and presentation to larger audiences.
- Excellent written & spoken English.
- Self-sufficient: able to work with moderate supervision but to pro-actively establish personal contacts, develop new data sources & analysis methods, and propose initiatives.
- Interested in business development, with ambition to progress within business management.
If you like challenges and want to join us, apply!
We are Siemens
At Siemens, we live and champion an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time