During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We have an opportunity for a Technical Writer to join our cutting-edge team developing thermal testing tools for electronics engineers.
You will be required to research, craft and develop high-quality user documentation (manuals, tutorials, videos etc.); coordinate technical reviews; test deliverables for clarity, accuracy and usability. Participate in project support teams that include representatives from product engineering, product marketing, customer support, quality-assurance and other writers and instructors.
You will apply technical communication or instructional design specialization to design and develop information solutions that assist global customers and support their learning needs. Solving highly sophisticated problems related to user-assistance, training, and product use. This role helps to determine methods to conduct audience and task analyses and uses independent judgment to plan, design, and develop user-assistance and/or training deliverables.
Partners commonly engaged with are product managers, customers, subject matter experts, localization leads, GTAC, sales support, and education services for product planning and development. This position also mentors less experienced co-workers and often works on cross-functional teams. Drives strategic-level problems, projects, and programs to completion.
- Proven technical writing experience (or equivalent) supporting complex technical products.
- Experience in an EDA-related field is helpful, but not essential
- Bachelor degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or technical equivalent.
- Excellent interview and research skills.
- The ability to work independently or in cross-functional teams, and concurrently on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- A working knowledge of FrameMaker 12, DITA XML and the generation of HTML and PDF is preferred.
- Strong written-English and verbal communication skills are crucial for this opportunity.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Magyarország Kft.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time