We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- In your new position you will be familiarized in the area of system architecture for integration of the Controller system
- You will be responsible for elaborating detailed requirements for new products based on business requirements and system requirements
- You will also define the product and firmware architecture which includes external interface (e.g. REST API)
- You will be responsible for coordination within the team with the system architect
- In addition to designing and implementing the controller firmware, you will also be responsible for defining and executing tests during development
- You will extend and integrate the new firmware into the existing build and test pipelines and ensure the necessary quality of the software quality
- You have a successfully completed university degree in computer science, physics, electrical engineering or a comparable field of study
- You have good knowledge of embedded firmware development with Linux and have already gained experience with software architecture
- You also have good knowledge in C / C++ and with communication protocols (e.g. Modbus, IP protocols, etc.)
- Furthermore, you have experience with embedded MCUs with ARM core (e.g. ARM Cortex-A/M) as well as with the integration of drivers to Linux in the hardware and upper software layers (e.g. encryption, USB, SPI busses)
- You also have experience with software development tools (e.g. Eclipse, software management (GIT), Jenkins, JTAG debugging)
- You have a good understanding of complex and abstract structures and are capable of designing them
- As a communication interface and review partner, you have strong communication skills that you use to coordinate closely with the design team in Rastatt, Beijing and Zug (Switzerland)
- You distinguish yourself by your analytical skills (analysis of technologies, requirements, documents)
- Good knowledge of the German and English language is required
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time