Position Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision and workflow.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be a part of a team, responsible for the successful design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems for Corindus’ new and existing medical device products. This is a collaborative opportunity where you will work with other engineering disciplines, as well as cross-functionally with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Product Management. You may have the opportunity to work with external vendors and put your project management and communication skills into practice.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical sub-systems.
· Applies strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations (mathematical and numerical) aimed at Guaranteed-by-Design implementation.
- Assists in defining design inputs, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
· Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Utilizes novel software tools to refine complex mechanical or electromechanical designs.
- Project management responsibilities which may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering is required, MSc. is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is required.
- 7 yrs experience in the product development role is required, medical device experience is desired.
- Extensive machine design experience, preferably containing, precision moving parts and complex mechanism and assemblies, is required.
- Strong analytical skills in mechanical domain (such as static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analysis) are required.
- Proficiency in software tools such as: FEA, Enventive (or other tolerance analysis tools), MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design is desired.
- Prior basic project management experience is required. Experience managing external resources is desired.
- Strong communication skills are desired.
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.