Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected and shared ITS infrastructure, they are also looking at ways to handle existing infrastructure, including highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings that continue to be hotspots for congestion.
Yunex Traffic works with engineering consultants, transportation systems operators, traffic management centers, emergency support personnel, and city planners to help manage existing traffic infrastructure. We make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central, Adaptive Control, and Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS).
We seek to hire a Legal Counsel to join and support multiple intelligent traffic and streetlight infrastructure projects in legal / contract matters in Austin, TX. We are seeking those who have spent at least 5 years in progressively responsible positions with construction/contracts/commercial projects in a law firm or corporate environment. Ideally, you will have knowledge of infrastructure projects, corporate law and are able to negotiate and handle contracts of all types, support procurement, supplier contracts, construction and design contracts, as well as licensing agreements and corporate governance. You will have validated leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
We are responsible for the strategic management of contracts project changes as well as disputes that may arise in connection with those contracts. As part of our team, you will provide legal advice and approvals where required during procurements and contract negotiations as well as throughout project execution and be able to draft claims, position papers, and other initiating legal documents. The ability to efficiently explain the aforementioned topics to the business partners and drive potential issues to a consensus decision is essential.
- Legal degree with relevant experience as contract manager for US infrastructure and governmental projects. JD and admission/licensed to practice law in one or more states.
- Minimum of five (5) years of practical work experience in commercial transactions and /or litigation.
- Excellent professional, legal written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to participate in negotiations with clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors, and prepare legally binding documents
- Negotiation skills and experience - develop risk mitigation and settlement strategies and negotiate and finalize settlement agreements where necessary
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously lead several assignments
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems
- Analyze, evaluate and resolve diverse matters with government agencies, commercial customers, partners, supplier and subcontractors
- Review, negotiate and draft various types of commercial agreements in many diverse subject areas, provide strategic guidance, training, model template creation, department policy development and general legal support as may be required from the Corporate team
- Identify and assess the primary contractual risks, opportunities and requirements and communication of the same
- Cooperate with the project management team to define the contract / legal strategy
- Prepare contract concepts and defense strategies as well as execute project-related claim opportunities
- Consult with management and draft official correspondence towards the client and suppliers/subcontractors in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Monitor contract conditions and events (duration, consequences, losses), deadlines, milestones and contract-related correspondence
- Identify claim possibilities and communicate along with supporting arguments and documentation
- Undertake the task to rationalize and provide legal support on issues that may constitute opportunities
- Defend against external claims from clients, partners, suppliers and subcontractors through the presentation of relevant exonerative facts and documentation
- Prepare for and participate in claim negotiations as well as pre-litigation matters together with project management
- Develop project-specific procedures in own area of expertise and review other quality procedures that involve contractual issues
- Conduct legal research and writing; provide ongoing legal support within territory
- Develop and deliver legal/compliance training, coach team members and work with executives to ensure adherence to corporate policies and guidelines
- Control all claim-relevant issues and the data administration in the project with aim to control and report progress and events to relevant partners
Why Yunex? In Addition to An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.